Oct 16, 2012

Reign of Blood Review

Title:Reign of Blood
Author: Alexia Purdy
Published: April 29, 2012

Buy: Smashwords


Synopsis:
"Never tease anything that wants to eat you. My name is April Tate and my blood is the new gold. Vampires and hybrids have overrun my world, once vibrant with life, but now a graveyard of death shrouded in shadows. I fight to survive; I fight for my mother and brother. The journey is full of turns that I am quite unprepared for. And I'm just hoping to make it to the next Vegas sunrise..."

In a post-apocalyptic world, a viral epidemic has wiped out most of the earth’s population, leaving behind few humans but untold numbers of mutated vampires. April is a seventeen-year-old girl who lives in the remains of Las Vegas one year after the outbreak. She has become a ferocious vampire killer and after her family is abducted, she goes searching for them. What she finds is a new breed of vampire, unlike any she has seen before. Unsure of whom she can trust, she discovers that her view of the world is not as black and white as she once thought, and she's willing to bend the rules to rescue her family. But in trying to save them, she may only succeed in bringing her fragile world crashing down around her.



My Review:
By the time I was finished reading this book I was speechless and trust me that does not happen very often. It was not in a bad way though, the book so amazing that I just did not know what to say. It has taken me a full day to come up with the words for this review. The book was mind blowing and there was always a twist that I never saw coming. Alexia Purdy took what you would consider nightmares and shows readers what the world would possibly be like if people were turned into vampires. On pages I felt like I wanted to be mad along with April, on others I wanted to scream at the book and ask one of the characters what the heck was wrong with them. I have never been so intuned into a book that if someone walked in the room I jumped haha. 

This is def a book you would want to read if your into vampires, end of the world type of stuff. This book will not let you down on keeping you hooked. I had to force myself to stop reading it just to go to bed. So swing by Smashwords today and pick up your copy of Reign of Blood!

No comments:

Post a Comment